Humana celebrates giving
Congratulations Reading In Motion
2007 Chicago Benefits $100,000 signature grant recipient
"Chicago Benefits," Humana - Illinois' charitable giving program in support of organizations that enrich our community's Mind, Body and Spirit, was developed as an outgrowth of Humana's commitment to the Chicago area.
Through this charitable program, a one-time, $100,000 signature grant will be awarded to a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization based in the Chicago metropolitan area that is doing valuable work to benefit the people of Chicago.
Humana's donation of $100,000 to a single Chicago-based nonprofit each year will allow the organization to reach greater milestone goals.
The grant recipient will be announced in the Summer at an awards ceremony in Chicago.
Chicago Benefits supports the following programs:
Organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Mind: projects or institutions that seek to improve the educational landscape resulting in higher levels of achievement
- Body: projects or human service agencies engaged in the promotion of healthy bodies and lifestyles
- Spirit: projects or civic & cultural development organizations that seek to inspire communities and enliven the human spirit
- Any not-for-profit organization that needs help in reaching its goals in the above categories (excluding political, social, religious, labor, or veteran's organizations) may apply.
- The group must be based in and serve the Chicagoland area (Cook, DuPage, Kane, Kankakee, Lake, and McHenry counties).
- Recipients of the funded program must be from the Chicago area exclusively.
- No more than 15% of the award can be applied to administrative salaries or consultants fees.
- Applicant must submit a grant application with the requested attachments, including a written proposal not to exceed five (5) pages.
- Finalists must make a formal presentation before a panel of community leader judges, in addition to providing an audited financial statement for the organization.
- Special consideration will be given to projects that:
- Have outcomes which address the health and wellness needs of the community
- Can be completed within a year with the one time grant
- Will be able to continue without requiring additional financial support
- Applicants should not have previously been awarded the $100,000 signature grant from The Humana Foundation